For some, the use of sustainable transportation begins at a Park & Ride Lot. If the bus doesn't stop at your front door, or you carpool or vanpool to work, Park & Ride Lots provide an excellent meeting and connection location. Most lots also have bike lockers, providing a place for people to safely store their bicycle at the front or end of their commute. San Luis Obispo County has 13 Park & Ride Lots, more than most other counties in the state. And, most of these lots are full! For a list of our county's Park & Ride Lots, click here.
Recently SLOCOG, our parent agency, has added 118 new spaces to these lots!
- San Miguel P&R at 10th and K Street is open with 10 spaces
- Curbaril P&R expansion project is in progress with 17 new spaces
- Halcyon P&R expansion funded (construction in summer 2010) to add 37 new spaces
- St. Williams P&R will have 17 additional spaces
- Las Tablas P&R expansion funded for 24 new spaces
- Ramona Garden Park Transit Center has 13 new spaces
We're excited about the addition of these new spaces and the increased opportunity for folks to use sustainable transportation. For more information on the P&R Lot expansion, our Bike Locker Program, what lots are served by transit or how to use the Park and Ride Lots, please contact us.